The Project Manager coordinates and monitors all stages of the project management life cycle including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closing ensuring compliance with Meridian project standards, methodologies and guidelines. This individual ensures that project goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Tracking and Reporting
- Assist Account Managers and Engineers with developing Statements Of Work (SOWs);
- Review SOWs for risk;
- Setup and track project details in PMIS (Project Management Information System);
- Ensure timely entry, validation, and approval of time and expenses;
- Manage project budget;
- Manage subcontractor time and expenses;
- Facilitate assigned project team activities such as team meetings, minutes, follow up action items, maintenance of project plans, risk and issue logs and coordination of program and project artifacts;
- Review, update and coordinate project status with project stakeholders and publish regular comprehensive project / program status reports;
- Gather and update project materials, documentation, forecasting, and lessons learned documents;
- Setup recurring status meetings with clients, field questions and handle issues that arise;
- Track project milestones and deliverables;
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path;
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders;
- Consistently deliver results as planned;
- Act as the point of effective control over coordination, communication, escalation, and follow up for issues.
- Responsible for conflict management and problem resolution;
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle;
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues and risk, and devise contingency plans;
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Provide risk management and issue/problem resolution. Communications
- Manage cross-functional interdependencies;
- Responsible for clear and timely communication to multiple stakeholder groups;
- Can speak to the details of the project to both the business and technical teams from beginning to end
- of all projects.
- Effectively utilize organizational resources;
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements;
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project;
- Responsible for the overall success or failure of the project;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service;
- Ability to break down technical concepts into business terms;
- Strong team player with emphasis on soft skills and relationship building;
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and interruptions with minimal impact on productivity;
- Able to demonstrate a high level of independent judgment and initiative;
- Can handle confidential information in a professional manner.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience as an IT Project Manager leading project teams;
- 3+ years of experience with data, networking, telephony or software;
- PMP preferred, however, strong practical experience in lieu of the formal education will be considered;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, & Visio).
ABOUT MERIDIAN IT
Meridian IT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.