The Solutions Architect is a creative, resourceful, and polished professional with an extensive knowledge of networking, server, storage, virtualization products. This individual will meet with customers and Account Executives to review potential solutions, uncover customer requirements, document requirements for the product specialist along with engineering teams, present to the customer, and help close business. The Architect is an expert in multiple vendor solutions and provides consultative customer interviews, presentations, and demonstrations to help drive revenue and growth with existing and new customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARCHITECTURE
- Provide consultation and design services in conjunction with Meridian’s Solutions
- Management/Architecture teams;
- Determine scope and develop proposals in conjunction with Meridian’s Solutions Management/Architecture teams;
- Provide pre‐sales consulting support in conjunction with Meridian’s Solutions Management/Architecture teams;
- Coordinate installation, migration, consolidation and support plans;
- Meet with potential and existing customers to gather information and requirements;
- Assist in closing potential opportunities and present to customers;
- Demonstrate equipment to clients;
- Document requirements, establish designs and provide complete solutions for client’s business problems;
- Interact with customers to understand a client’s strategic direction
- Work with Account Executives to understand the deal flow from opportunity identification to proposal;
- Participate in training programs and pass certification exams on specific product lines;
- Travel to customer sites when needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Networking (Routing, switching, and Data Center): Cisco, Extreme, Juniper
- Unified Communication and Collaboration: Cisco, Avaya
- Security: Cisco, Palo Alto
- Storage: NetApp, HP 3PAR, IBM, Converged and Hyper‐Converged
- Servers: IBM Power, HP, Dell, UCS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SALES OVERLAY
- Support the local sales team in an overlay role providing guidance to customers on Meridian’s systems and storage solutions, their uses and benefits;
- Assist in the sales progression efforts around systems and storage solutions;
- Work with sales to build sales relationships with local clients and to help build account plans based on Meridian’s core strengths and competencies;
- Work with sales to build local vendor/partner relationships with Meridian’s target manufacturers;
- Assist sales to ensure sales opportunities are submitted and progress through the Meridian sales process (salesforce with support requests).
- Five years of strong pre‐sales engineering performance in selling solutions, technical products and services in the IT industry;
- A four‐year college degree is a plus.
Meridian IT is a Meridian Group International Company, headquartered in Deerfield, IL, specializing in equipment leasing, technology solutions, and IT services & support. With an extensive portfolio and top-tier partners, Meridian works with organizations to optimize the strategic value of technology investments. Our skilled professionals deliver responsive, flexible, expert, and reliable business outcomes that meet or exceed client expectations.
Meridian sponsors company outings, quarterly luncheons, company sports teams. We contribute to and sponsor employee-initiated charities, and offer casual Fridays and free parking.
Meridian IT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status