The Network Engineer is a technical resource responsible for developing and implementing end-to-end solutions to complex business networking and communications problems for new and existing clients. The Network Engineer will work on assisting our managed service customers, as well as respond to adhoc support requests. The Network Engineer is responsible for the entire lifecycle of an engagement (Onboarding to Decommission) to which they have been assigned. The ability to properly and professionally manage customer expectations and to calmly handle stressful and complex troubleshooting scenarios are requirements of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance to managed service customers within the agreed upon SLAs in our
- managed service contracts with them.
- Assist with Level 1-2 tasks – creating documentation during onboarding and maintaining it,
- performing software updates, scripted triaging of tickets.
- Troubleshoot complex LAN/WAN infrastructure issues under stressful conditions.
- Design and implement scalable and highly resilient LAN/WAN infrastructure solutions
- utilizing products from such manufacturers as Cisco, Palo Alto, Aruba, F5, Riverbed, HP, etc.
- Design and implement perimeter and data security solutions including firewalls, intrusion detection / prevention, VPN’s, remote access and monitoring tools.
- Successfully manage the entire lifecycle of an implementation engagement from Plan to Close.
- Successfully work with a project team to implement a portion of an implementation engagement.
- Escalate issues to the Project Management Office and Sr. Director of Services before they
- jeopardize the success or financial viability of an engagement.
- Participate in quarterly meetings with the Infrastructure team to discuss recent engagements,
- challenges and opportunities; incorporate improvements into the pre-sales process.
- Manage cross-functional interdependencies.
- Responsible for clear and timely communication to multiple stakeholder groups.
- Responsible for communicating the details of an opportunity / engagement to both the business and technical teams.
- Participate with the Project Management Office in project postmortems and collaborate on recommendations reports in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface at varying and appropriate levels of management.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Ability to break down technical concepts into business terms.
- Strong team player with emphasis on soft skills and relationship building.
- Some experience with Palo Alto technology.
- Proven ability to solve technical challenges under stressful conditions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Well organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, leverage best practices, and innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and interruptions with minimal impact on productivity.
- Demonstrate a high level of independent judgment and initiative; self starter.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to obtain and maintain both pre- and post-sales technical certifications from manufacturers (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, HP, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or IT-related field.
- CCNA or CCNP Cisco certifications.
- PCNSE certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, & Visio)
Meridian IT is a Meridian Group International Company, headquartered in Deerfield, IL, specializing in equipment leasing, technology solutions, and IT services & support. With an extensive portfolio and top-tier partners, Meridian works with organizations to optimize the strategic value of technology investments. Our skilled professionals deliver responsive, flexible, expert, and reliable business outcomes that meet or exceed client expectations.
Meridian sponsors company outings, quarterly luncheons, company sports teams. We contribute to and sponsor employee-initiated charities, and offer casual Fridays and free parking.
Meridian IT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status