The Director of Collaboration Services will lead a team of consultants responsible for the successful implementation and management of services focused around Collaboration and Mobility solutions. The Director is responsible for developing and managing the overall customer experience for select clients, including expanding business opportunity and leading the delivery efforts. This individual is ultimately responsible for client
satisfaction with services delivery for the entire Collaboration consulting team. The Director also manages the
collaborative services delivery business to annual revenue and profit targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new and existing relationships with internal and external customers (sales teams, other delivery managers, manufacturer engineering managers, partners, select / key clients, etc.);
- Work with the Project Management Office to assign consulting resources to customer engagements and proactively address satisfaction issues;
- Work with the Project Management Office to ensure all engagements are closed satisfactorily;
- Assist Account Managers and Consultants with developing Statements of Work (SOWs);
- Review SOWs and pricing for the Avaya Line of Business in their territory;
- Work with the Project Management Office to review, update and approve client deliverable documentation provided at the end of engagements;
- Lead managed service escalations for the Avaya line of business for their territory;
- Manage consulting team to consistently deliver results as planned.
- Work with the Senior Director Collaborative Service to effectively manage the services business to annual revenue and profit targets;
- Work with the Senior Director Collaborative Service to effectively budget and manage operational expenses;
- Work with the Senior Director Collaborative Service, Project Management Office and Sales Management to develop and implement pricing strategies for services opportunities;
- Build and develop relationships with select / key clients to become a Trusted Advisor resource and advance business opportunity and reach within the organization.
- Responsible for final conflict management and problem resolution for all client engagements in which your delivery team is engaged;
- Work with the Project Management Office to approve all Statements of Work prior to delivery to the client;
- Lead a weekly solutions assurance meeting with Solution Architects to review, amend and approve proposed complex services delivery solutions;
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work, providing risk management and issue / problem resolution.
- Perform services delivery to select / key client accounts 1‐2 times per week;
- Work with the Project Management Office to manage the successful delivery of all network services consulting engagements; ensuring project resources are staffed appropriately and engagements are satisfactorily completed on time and on budget;
- Provide senior level guidance to your consulting team regarding technical delivery and design challenges.
Team Management and Mentoring
- Effectively manage, develop and build the NY services delivery team;
- Provide career path planning and coaching to ensure consultant/engineer job satisfaction and professional growth.
- Responsible for clear and timely communication to multiple stakeholder groups;
- Can speak to the status of the engagement to both the business and technical teams from beginning to end for all projects in which your team is engaged.
- Improve processes to optimize performance and value over time;
- Effective utilization of organizational resources;
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements;
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project;
- Responsible for the overall success or failure of all engagements in which your team is engaged;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent leadership skills with a demonstrable record in successfully building and motivating a team of technical experts;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface at varying and appropriate levels of management;
- Excellent customer relationship management skills;
- Ability to break down technical concepts into business terms;
- Strong team player with emphasis on soft skills and relationship building;
- Experience with large, complex projects with numerous stakeholders;
- Experience working with virtual teams;
- Experience managing technical resources (includes mentoring, goal‐setting, career development, discipline, etc.)
- Well organized, thrive in a sense‐of‐urgency environment, leverage best practices, and innovate through any problem with a can‐do attitude;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and interruptions with minimal impact on productivity;
- Demonstrate a high level of independent judgment and initiative;
- Handle confidential information in a professional manner;
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- 10+ years experience as an IT professional, working hands on designing, configuring and installing Avaya collaboration solutions with a demonstrated increase in responsibility over time;
- 5+ years experience managing relationships across business and technology teams, client organizations, and other stakeholders;
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or IT‐related field a plus;
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint & Visio);
- ITIL certifications a plus.
Meridian IT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.