The Purchasing Agent is responsible for validating, preparing, and submitting Purchase Orders to a set of vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list, clarifying unclear
- items, and recommending alternatives;
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock and scheduling delivery;
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications, price, obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items, and obtaining approval from requisitioning department;
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers and monitoring and expediting orders;
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered and resolves shipments in error with suppliers;
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation;
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents;
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing duties with desired results;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
- Knowledge of basic accounting skills
- Associate's degree or at least one year of related experience.
Meridian IT is a Meridian Group International Company, headquartered in Deerfield, IL, specializing in equipment leasing, technology solutions, and IT services & support. With an extensive portfolio and top-tier partners, Meridian works with organizations to optimize the strategic value of technology investments. Our skilled professionals deliver responsive, flexible, expert, and reliable business outcomes that meet or exceed client expectations.
Meridian sponsors company outings, quarterly luncheons, company sports teams. We contribute to and sponsor employee-initiated charities, and offer casual Fridays and free parking.
Meridian IT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status